Sky Ridge Medical Center is the birth place of choice for families in the South Denver Metro and surrounding areas. At Sky Ridge, a caring, experienced team of doctors and nurses provide the best possible birthing experience for women and their families. One of the first decisions you make for your child is choosing the right hospital for your delivery. Sky Ridges offers a warm, welcoming and compassionate environment for the birth of your child and all of the joy that it brings.
Quality Care and Access to Trained Specialists
Sky Ridge Medical Center is an award-winning hospital with a record of excellence in providing the best care for pregnant women, infants and families. In 2017, Sky Ridge was the recipient of the 2017 Women’s Choice for America’s Best Hospitals in Obstetrics and this year was also named Colorado Parent’s “Family Favorite Birth Place.”
The Sky Ridge Medical Center Birth Place is equipped with everything expecting mothers and their families need during every stage of their pregnancy. The birthing center’s pregnancy and childbirth classes help new parents prepare for a newborn baby and get ready for this challenging, yet extremely rewarding time in their lives. Award-winning and highly-trained doulas may assist with the birthing process, providing active support for pregnant women before, during and after their baby is born. Women seeking natural childbirth options will work with their doctor to create a customized birth plan that fits their needs and expectations.
Sky Ridge Medical Center offers many resources and access to services for expecting parents and their families, including:
- Access to a nursery
- A separate Sky Ridge Women’s Hospital entrance so you can go directly to Labor & Delivery
- Pain management options, including nitrous oxide
- Natural childbirth options
- Access to award-winning doulas
- Private, spacious rooms where partners can spend the night during delivery
- Help with breastfeeding by certified lactation consultants and free breastfeeding success groups (we have more than one)
- Access to a Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), caring for infants as young as 24 weeks
- A dedicated antepartum unit for higher risk pregnancies
- A Baby Bella photography session with your newborn after their birth
- Free car seat safety checks
- Access to a 24/7 Pediatric ER and pediatric specialists conveniently located in the Evergreen Building adjacent to the Women’s Hospital entrance
- A low primary C-Section rate of 17%, compared to the state average of 25.9%
Welcome the new addition to your own family by letting the family of doctors and nurses at Sky Ridge take care of you while giving birth. At Sky Ridge, highly experienced physicians and staff members are devoted to providing excellent, individualized care for you and your newborn.
Our Birth Place is designed to feel like home, complete with a comfortable and inviting atmosphere to help you feel calm and relaxed during childbirth. Feel confident and secure about your decision to have your baby at the Women’s Hospital at Sky Ridge Medical Center.